What you need
- sheets of orange paper or card
- scraps of black paper or card
- You can make big lanterns out of a whole A4 sheet, or cut the A4 sheet in half to make smaller ones. A combination of big and small looks good.
- Fold your sheet of orange paper in half lengthways.
- Now, with the fold edge facing you, cut 1cm slits all along the length of the folded piece of paper. (Don’t cut right to the edges; just make the slits sit about 4cm from each edge).
- Open the piece of paper out.
- Now roll it into a lantern shape – secure each short edge together with a stapler to form a cylinder.
- Use your scraps of black paper to glue eyes, nose and a mouth onto your spooky lantern.
- When you have at least four lanterns, you can use a hole punch to make holes in the tops and then string them together to hang up outside your house for Halloween.
Watch the video here